Before You Step Into Traffic...
If you build it, they will come.
That approach worked for Ray Kinsella (Kevin Costner) in Field of Dreams.
Remember how the headlights from the traffic to the ballpark stretched back for miles and miles?
Unfortunately, that approach doesn't work so well for small businesses.
Traffic doesn't just appear. You have to generate it.
There are a lot of ways to generate or drive traffic. Just ask for tips on any online networking site. You'll get more suggestions than cornfields in Iowa.
Somehow, the "best" solution is often the one the contributor is selling. But I digress <g>.
One thing that gets overlooked is the thing you need BEFORE traffic.
And that's an offer that converts.
Meaning, when the right person sees your offer, they are willing to pay you money to get the result you are promising.
Sounds simple, but there's a lot to unpack to make that happen.
You must know:
- what the right person looks like
- how to reach them
- what value means to them
- how they express their need for your solution
And must communicate your offer clearly and effectively. Otherwise, no one will pay attention long enough to figure it out.
SEO, Social Media, Advertising, Networking, Referrals, etc., are all traffic sources.
Ways to get people to see your offer.
Without an offer that converts, generating traffic is an expense.
When you have an offer that converts, investing in traffic makes you money.
Yours for smarter marketing,
P.S. - On August 12th, MLB will play their first game in Iowa in a temporary stadium built next to the Field of Dreams movie site. As Mel Allen would say - "How about that!"
News, Tips, & Tricks
Book of the Week
Tool of the Week
Like This Newsletter?
Thanks for reading.
P.S. - And whenever you are ready, here are 3 ways I can help you grow your business:
1) Get a copy of my new eBook - Break Free From Your Inbox - Spend less time writing emails and more time serving clients. Simply reply to this email with "Inbox" and I'll shoot you a copy.
2) Try the Marketing Mindset Scorecard - See how each mindset is helping to grow or slow your business. Click here
3) Get more leads from your website - If your website isn't delivering enough leads, reply to this email with "website leads" and I'll send you the details about my Website Leads Audit.