Clean Your Plate
Automation means "not me."
That's my favorite definition of automation - courtesy of Dean Jackson.
At some point in your business, the only way you can
- create a new marketing campaign
- launch a new service, OR
- just spend time working ON your business
is by freeing up some time.
Making more room on your plate.
And the best way to do that is to "automate" things that need to be done - but not by you.
That breaks down to:
- Eliminating unneeded/outdated tasks
- Delegating tasks to someone else or a software system
One of the biggest hurdles to delegating is documenting the steps for accomplishing the task. Until you do this, you'll probably stay hung up on the idea of "only I know how to do this right."
An easy way to overcome this block is to use video to record how you do the task. A tool like Loom is good for computer/online work.
If it's a physical task, away from the computer, use your phone.
It may feel like a lot of work upfront to automate your tasks, but as my friend Mo recently posted on LinkedIn, "Starting slow helps your finish fast."
Yours for smarter marketing,
News, Tips, & Tricks
Book of the Week
Tool of the Week
Image of the Week
Like This Newsletter?
Thanks for reading.
P.S. - And whenever you are ready, here are 3 ways I can help you grow your business:
1) Break Free From Your Inbox - Learn how to spend less time writing emails and more time serving clients. Simply reply to this email with "Inbox" and I'll shoot you a copy of the eBook.
2) Try the Marketing Mindset Scorecard - See how each mindset is helping to grow or slow your business. Click here
3) Get more leads from your website - If your website isn't delivering enough leads, reply to this email with "website leads" and I'll send you the details about my Website Leads Audit.