Selling Saw Dust to a Lumber Yard
This week I'm participating in a boot camp where we work on applying the principles found in the book Breakthrough Advertising by the late Eugene (Gene) Schwartz.
Unless you're heavy into marketing and copywriting, you probably haven't heard of Gene. Just think of the O.G. superstar in your industry
- The one everyone gushes over
- The one modern-day gurus quote
- The one you can't get enough stories about
Many people call Breakthrough Advertising the most important book ever written about advertising.
Some people sell copies for $580+.
Ya, it's kind of a big deal.
One of the first lessons Gene shares is this (paraphrasing)...
You cannot create desire for your product or service. Instead, you must direct or channel desire that already exists.
Selling sawdust to a lumber yard might earn you serious bragging rights as a salesman.
You'd be better off selling to manufacturers of BBQ wood pellets. Or makers of composite wood products.
Want more predictable revenue in your business?
Spend less time trying to convince non-buyers and more time putting your services in front of people who already want the result you offer.
Your's for smarter marketing,
P.S. - if interested, you can get a copy of Gene's book for much less than $500 here.
News, Tips, & Tricks
Book of the Week
Tool of the Week
Like this newsletter?
Thanks for reading.
P.S. - And whenever you are ready, here are 3 ways I can help you grow your business:
1) Get more referrals - Want help creating your system for orchestrating referrals?. Reply to this email with "More referrals" to set up a time to talk.
2) Get Help Quick - Day Rate Consults are the easiest way to get marketing tasks off of your to-do list. See what you can get done
3) Get more leads from your website - If your website isn't delivering enough leads, reply to this email with "website leads" and I'll send you the details about my Website Leads Audit.