Vacation Marketing Lessons
Hey there marketer,
I just returned from a wonderful vacation/work trip to Florida's First Coast.
I learned a ton of great stuff during the AWAI Copwriter's Bootcamp. I'll be sharing some of those lessons in the coming weeks.
I also met Glenn in person - someone I've known virtually since 2011 when I conducted a Brand Audit for his business. Glenn is a fellow marketer and photographer check out his work here.
Speaking of photography, I got to make images of beautiful places. And a few strange ones - scroll to the bottom for a sample.
In addition to the great info I soaked up at the conference, I also found some valuable lessons in the Airbnb where I stayed. Lessons that apply to all of our businesses.
I'm working on an entire blog post about this, but here are the highlights:
- Quick to Respond - I had a few minor questions before making my reservation, and they were quick to reply with helpful information.
- Personalization - I was greeted with a personalized, handwritten card when I arrived.
- Something extra - they left a surprise gift for me.
- Sold the experience - they provided plenty of information to help me get the most out of my stay (purchase)
- FAQs - they anticipated questions and answered them before they became a problem (how come this fan won't turn on)
- Testimonial Wall - a great collection of notes from past guests
- Rules of the Relationship - they clearly defined the rules of the relationship. Setting expectations for both sides upfront is something most businesses overlook.
The experience was a great reminder of how good marketing doesn't stop once you make the sale.
If the list above were a checklist, how many items would you be able to tick off the list?
Hit reply. I'd love to know.
P.S. - I'll let you know when I post the more detailed version on my blog.
News, Tips, & Tricks
Book of the Week
Tool of the Week
Like this newsletter?
Thanks for reading.
P.S. - And whenever you are ready, here are 3 ways I can help you grow your business:
1) Get more referrals - Want help creating your system for orchestrating referrals?. Reply to this email with "More referrals" to set up a time to talk.
2) Get Help Quick - Day Rate Consults are the easiest way to get marketing tasks off of your to-do list. See what you can get done
3) Get more leads from your website - If your website isn't delivering enough leads, reply to this email with "website leads" and I'll send you the details about my Website Leads Audit.