How's the new year treating you so far? BTW, aren't you glad we don't write checks anymore 😉.
Today I like to share a personal lesson learned from the past week. It's about the importance of reminding people about what you do and how your business helps others.
I was lucky enough to land 3 new copywriting projects last week. And I didn't do any selling. At least not what you'd consider traditional selling.
Each of those projects came from another business owner who had a client who needed copywriting help. After I reminded them that I focus on marketing and sales copywriting, I immediately had new work - and new revenue.
I didn't know about those clients. If I hadn't mentioned copywriting, I would have never known about them.
I guess there are two lessons here:
1) Other people/businesses already have a group of your ideal clients. Connect with them and figure out how you can make their life easier.
2) Don't assume people know what you do - or everything you do. Find ways to remind them.
Every day there are new, wonderful tools that promise to help grow our business. Try them out. But don't forget the basics.
Here's to a prosperous year for you, your family, and your business.
News, Tips, & Tricks
Book of the Week
Tool of the Week
Like this newsletter?
Thanks for reading.
P.S. - And whenever you are ready, here are 3 ways I can help you grow your business:
1) Get more referrals - Want help creating your system for orchestrating referrals?. Reply to this email with "More referrals" to set up a time to talk.
2) Get Help Quick - Day Rate Consults are the easiest way to get marketing tasks off of your to-do list. See what you can get done
3) Get more leads from your website - If your website isn't delivering enough leads, reply to this email with "website leads" and I'll send you the details about my Website Leads Audit.