Are you sure we're not lying, cheating, or stealing?
That was the question Charlie Munger, co-chairman of Berkshire Hathaway asked the late Chet Holmes.
According to Charlie, he had never seen anyone double their business 3 years in a row. He was so impressed with Chet that he once called him "America's greatest sales and marketing executive."
One of Chet's key concepts to double the sales of 9 different divisions of Berkshire was his Dream 100 Concept.
Outlined in his book, The Ultimate Sales Machine (see below), the Dream 100 Concept involves identifying the "best buyers" in your market and then pursuing them with "pigheaded discipline and determination."
I love the Dream 100 Concept because it helps us be more intentional about the activities and relationships that will significantly impact our businesses.
You can apply this concept to all areas of your business. For example, you can use this strategy to:
- Build relationships with your best referral partners
- Improve SEO by focusing on the best sites to get backlinks from
- Contribute to your ideal podcasts and other media to help get the word out about your business or cause.
- Find and hire the best talent for your company.
One last point for today. Don't get hung up on the number 100. You can get started with any number - including 1. The important thing is to pick a number that makes sense for your business and then create and work your plan.
I'll be sharing some ideas on how to do that in the next few weeks.
Have a great week.
News, Tips, & Tricks
Book of the Week
Tool of the Week
Like This Newsletter?
Let me know. Reply, email me at Bill[at]RebarBusinessBuilder.com, or find me on LinkedIn to hit me with some feedback. I’d love to know what you think.
Thanks for reading.
P.S. - And whenever you are ready, here are 3 ways I can help you grow your business:
1) Get a copy of my free guide - Create a Content Calendar for a Whole Year in 3 Easy Steps. Just reply to this email with "Calendar" and I'll shoot you a copy.
2) Try the Marketing Mindset Scorecard See how each mindset is helping to grow or slow your business. Click here
3) Work with me 1-on-1 to build your sales funnel. Just reply to this email with "1-on-1" in the subject line... tell me a little about your business and what you'd like to work on together, and I'll get you all the details!