What's your Taco Tuesday?
How was your Memorial Day weekend? Were you able to take some time off to relax?
It's been raining a lot here lately. The water levels should be nice and high when it comes time to take the kayak out in the next week or two.
Last time I made a passing reference to workday theming, along with a promise to explain more. So here goes.
Themeing (in this context) means working on a particular type of task on certain days.
It's the same idea as "Taco Tuesday" when it comes to meal planning.
So you might have:
- Client Mondays
- Content Tuesdays
- Delivery Wednesdays
- Marketing Thursdays
- Education Fridays
- Systems Saturdays
Those are just examples, but you get the idea.
For me, the important thing is sticking to those theme days. Which means:
- Not playing with a CRM when I should be creating content
- Not doing client work when I should be marketing my business
- Not fiddling with my website when I should be doing client work
Themeing helps me say no (or not yet) - keeping me focused on the $1,000+/hr tasks that will make a difference in my business.
How do you stay focused on your most important tasks with all the different hats you wear?
Hit reply - I'd love to know.
News, Tips, & Tricks
Book of the Week
Tool of the Week
Image of the Week
Like This Newsletter?
Let me know. Reply, email me at Bill[at]RebarBusinessBuilder.com, or find me on LinkedIn to hit me with some feedback. I’d love to know what you think.
Thanks for reading.
P.S. - And whenever you are ready, here are 3 ways I can help you grow your business:
1) Get a copy of my new eBook - Break Free From Your Inbox - Spend less time writing emails and more time serving clients. Simply reply to this email with "Inbox" and I'll shoot you a copy.
2) Try the Marketing Mindset Scorecard - See how each mindset is helping to grow or slow your business. Click here
3) Finish those nagging tasks - Day Rate Consults are the fastest, least expensive way to get those pesky marketing tasks off of your to-do list. Learn more...